Sunday, September 11, 2011

Frankenstein

The only thing that I kept asking myself while reading was how did Victor let the creature wonder about for 2 years? After he created him he was instantly horrified and he ran away and then when he came back to the apartment he was relieved that the monster was gone. “…but when I became assured that my enemy had indeed fled. I clapped my hands for joy. p 58” He had no idea what happened the “monster” or where it went and it confuses me that he felt good about that. Luckily for him the creature turned out to be relatively good-natured, or so it claims. But the fact that Victor preferred to have him wonder about to do as he wanted for 2 years instead of taking care of or at least monitoring him is shocking. It just doesn’t make sense to me. When I see a spider I become uneasy, but if I lose sight of it I become even more uncomfortable. Sure it’s probably off minding its own business, like the creature, but it’s the fact that I don’t know for sure where it is or what it’s doing that freaks me out. It just seems that losing sight of a so-called “monster” should be a little bit bigger of a deal then losing sight of a spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment